Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Balls Are Dropping

My 'Pink Cloud' burst and now I need a 'Pink Umbrella'.  What does this mean?  Who cares. Nothing matters. I suck. All right, I'll stop feeling sorry for myself.  The Pink Cloud metaphor in AA describes the mental place a person is when they first become sober. At first, it's all new, it's exciting, staying sober is easy (or relatively easy). It's sort of the honeymoon period of AA.

My honeymoon is over. The past couple of days I've had what you might call a crisis of faith in my YOLJ project. I'm happy to say, that I'm back on track now, but the last two days sort of sucked. I started questioning the whole Law Of Attraction thang. Where is my $44 mil? WHERE??? But then I thought, "this is an experiment, pretend you're a scientist, how would a scientist approach this?" So I donned my white lab coat, 'coke bottle' spectacles, mussed my hair, grabbed a microscope and began speaking with a German accent. Many of these items left over from my last show titled, Scientist Stereotypes.

Wikipedia says about experiments, "An experiment is a methodical procedure carried out with the goal of verifying, falsifying, or establishing the accuracy of a hypotheses."

My Hypothesis: Our thoughts have energy and interact with the laws of the universe.

Wikipedia's definition of LOA: "...Positive and negative thinking bring about positive and negative physical results, respectively. According to LOA, the phrase "I need more money" allows the subject to continue to "need more money". If the subject wants to change this they would focus their thoguhts on the goal (having more money) rather than the problem (needing more money). This might take the form of phrases such as "I have as much money as I need" or "I have a job that pays very well"...like attracts like.

When I begin thinking negatively, I must change my thought to something positive. Not always easy to be sure. And true, I'm having trouble seeing with these coke-bottle glasses, but it's all part of being a scientist. Scientists don't quit after a month and they don't comb their hair (no time, they're too busy doing science stuff).

So maybe my experiment isn't as cut and dry as proving gravity "If I throw this ball in the air it will drop to the ground". My experiment deals with the mind...MY mind, which, lets face it, can be at times an unpredictable, often scary place.

I gave this project a year. It's time to turn up the Joy volume, yo! I said, I'M TURNING UP THE VOLUME! So to speak, I said SO TO SPEAK! I have no idea what that means, but it sure sounds like I mean business and that's what I'm all about, business and the meaning of such.

I know, some of this is confusing, but whatever, the gist is, I'm a scientist working on an experiment and I'm turning up the sound or volume or something while meaning business. I'll keep you posted on if that ball stays in the air.









No comments:

Post a Comment