Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Got The Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down In My Heart, Where? I said, DOWN IN MY HEART! What're you deef?

I got the Joy, Joy, Joy....did you sing that song in Bible School too?  Yep, I went to Vacation Bible School when I was a kid. What I remember most about it is that they served cookies with Kool-Aid. The Kool-Aid and cookie combo? Not so delicious. Everyone knows two clashing sweets don't mix. MILK is for cookies, can I get a "What, What!"? The whole thing was bullsh*t! Damnable country hicks, what did they know about dessert combinations, or JESUS for that matter?

Did you know that your parents beat you because they love you? Yep, learned it in Vacation Bible School. So apparently my parents did NOT love me, because they didn't beat my sorry ass. Which frankly, if I was MY parent, I woulda tanned my hide but good as often as possible. "I'm gonna tan your hide!" my dad would warn. but he never did. Then in high school when a tanned hide was cool, it was the baby oil that did the hide tanning my father always threatened. THANKS FOR NOT LOVING ME DAD!

I have no idea where that diatribe came from, but I ain't questioning myself too much these days and so's it's stayin', I'm just sayin'. Don't ya'll love my down-home way of talkin' or writin', as it were? No? Oh, okay. I guess I am feeling pretty joyful today. Last cleaning job and all. I'm so messed up, I keep thinking, how can I get out of going to this job today?  Since I've decided to give up the dirty life as a cleaner, each job has seemed more torturous than usual.  It's been nice though because every client, when I told them that I would no longer be cleaning for them, pretended to be really sad about it.  "What? It took me 10 years to find you!"

Actually as I write this, I'm late for my last appointment. I DON'T WANT TO GO! Poor Mike. What's he gonna do fire me?? HA!!!

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS, YOU TOTALLY WON'T FUCKING BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED! Forgive my shouting at you, but what happened was, I just called Mike to tell him I was leaving now and will be late and he goes, "Oh my gosh, I've been meaning to call you to tell you, you didn't have to come this week because I'm under construction". WHAAAAAT???!!!!!! I'm laughing so hard right now. I'm just so, like, what the fuck!? I'm sorry, I promised myself I wasn't going to swear in my blog, but WHAT THE FUCK, YOU GUYS!? Did I just totally manifest that or what?  Yes I did, Dan S.!!! I'm freaking magic! Okay, maybe I"M not magic, but the Universe is.

What you all need to know, if it isn't clear to you, is that I was totally skeptical when I started this YOLJ project. I just wanted an excuse to quit my stupid-ass cleaning job. But, things seem to be happening so fast and furious I can't help but believe that Law Of Attraction is responsible.

There are other really sort of magical things that have been happening that I've haven't shared with you (I'm trying to keep the blog shorter, rather than longer and I'm sorry I used the word "magical", I know, it made me throw up in my mouth a little too). But quickly I'll share that, in conjunction with everything else a new opportunity has presented itself to Chip and I that will pay us a large sum of money in a relatively short period of time. Yes, they call it a "scheme" and yes it's shaped vaguely like a thing in Egypt where they buried Pharaoh's, but we're told we can't lose! Ha, kidding. But, yes it's true that a very interesting investment has appeared to us and we're taking it and I won't bore you with the details but just know that it is something we've wanted for a while and now as of two days ago, the perfect opportunity hasn't presented itself and we're taking it.

If someone ELSE was saying to me all the things I'VE been saying, about all the great things that are manifesting in their life because of LOA blah, blah, blah, I'd be all like, "Whatever, stupid person, it's happening because it's happening, not because of any focusing or joyful living that you're doing. So shut up stupid person, I can't stand you...stupid person". But it's happening to ME and although yes, I am indeed a 'stupid person', I can't deny that the speed in which all this good sh*t is coming my way, coinciding with my YOLJ project is weird and perhaps coincidental but to me it seems  LOA is at work. Yikes, I just reread that last sentence and I'm even annoying myself. Sorry skeptics, just know that usually I'm filled with self-doubt, dark thoughts, worry and am prone to mild depression. Take hope in the fact that maybe this joy thang is just temporary and I'll be back to my self-doubting, other people-doubting, negative, worrying self soon enough!

Now off to wine tasting!

3 comments: