Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Line Up With It Yo!

The Law Of Attraction (LOA) says that there are no wrong decisions, that if you make a decision, as long as you 'line up' with it, then it will be the 'right' one.  So then why when I sold my cow for some magic beans did it turn out so badly? Because I didn't line up with it, that's why. If I did, I could be living in the sky with a golden goose and a dead giant. How does one 'line up' with something? I think I've figured it out.

My husband and I are in the process of looking to buy a house. We began looking in Los Angeles, but have discovered that the houses here are more expensive than we 'think' we can afford, (I put think in quotes because it's all about belief, I'll get back to that another day). So anyway, we opened up our search to the Boston area (where we are originally from). We've owned investment property there before. The houses are more in what we "think" is our price range (Again, it's all about what we believe we can afford).  So here is the dilemma, okay not a dilemma, but our choice; Do we buy the house we saw this past weekend in Boston, that is within our "price range" and keep renting the place we live in here in L.A.? OR do I wait to see if the house that I REALLY love in L.A., (which is $100,000 more than we planned to spend)  If I want the latter, I'm gonna have to do some serious focus work and trust that no matter the  amount of money it costs, it will be ours. Then I started thinking, well if it's all about focusing, then why can't I have both houses? Why can't I have 10 houses??  But I digress, we're talking about lining up right now.

So here is the thing; Whether we buy the Boston house or the L.A. house is of no matter, what matters is, whatever we choose, we have to LINE UP with it. (well I have to, my husband doesn't necessarily believe in the whole LOA thang, I'm lining up for two). Lining up with something means that I get to decide that whatever choice we make IS the right choice. Lining up is about making a choice and then looking for the positive aspects of that choice. For example, The Boston house is close to everything and public transportation. It's old and still has all the great original moldings and heavy doors, it's also in really good shape. It has two porches and a playground across the street. The Boston property will garner enough rent to give us a positive cash flow. We've been absentee landlords for almost 10 years and it's always worked out for us amazingly well and I believe it will keep working out for us.

On the other hand if  if we buy the L.A. property, I will find all the positive aspects of THAT house. It's amazingly beautiful and brand new everything. The yard is ENORMOUS! It has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, I've never had a house that big and beautiful. I will have huge parties! It's big enough that we can move my in-laws in with us if need be. And although it's above our believed price range, I need to trust that, if I line up with it, the money will come and I don't need to worry about how it will come. So either choice is the RIGHT choice, just by the mere fact that I've decided it is. Wow, that feels so good. It feels powerful. It's almost like being able to foretell the future.

You know what? I just realized something. I've always had amazing luck with cars. I used to brag about this to people. I'd tell them that when I bought a car, I had to have a feeling about it. All that feeling was, was me 'lining up' with what I wanted, right?  And when you line up with something, LOA says it MUST work out. Now that I think of it, this has been true about other major purchases in my life. Conversely when I've regretted a purchase and felt conflicted about it, such as them damned magic beans,  it doesn't seem to work out as well. I just got lamo beans, sure beans are good and good for you, but DUDE, not as good as a magical golden sky goose! Hmm, so LOA has been working on me all along and I didn't even realize it. Line up and magic happens, don't line up and all you get is beans. So line up, my bitches, line up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment