Monday, July 18, 2011

Great, Now I'm Bored.

I quit my job, now what? I'm bored. Great, now I don't have an excuse not to pursue my dreams. Crap. Inspiration is supposed to tell me what to do next, right? Inspiration, hello, I'm here, waiting...hello?...Inspiration?... where art thou?  Oh there you are.

I'm gonna start video blogging. I'm struggling with the disconnect betwixt writing and talking. Like, when I speak, I have intonation and inflection and wacky, (some would say unbecoming) facial expressions to help get across what I'm trying to express.  Would you guys watch a video blog? Would I watch a video blog? Whenever I've seen one (which have not been many) I think,"ew, bad lighting, sound and no production values". I guess the producer in me comes out. Hmmm, I'm gonna have to think about this.  I don't have a camera in my computer, but I do have a camera that, apparently I can mount on my computer. Sorry, I'm saying aloud what I should be saying in my head. Well isn't that what a blog is anyway, head thoughts? Opposed to what, elbow thoughts? (Oh boy if my elbows could talk, the things they would say. Probably, "How about a little attention down here! What, you have something against moisturizer?" Apparently my elbows are an old Jewish man) Anyway, perhaps I'll get my procrastinating butt up and mount that camera and then hire a huge production staff to build a set, rig some lighting and wire me for sound (I won't do any of that). We'll see. It'll be a surprise to all of us.

So the house saga continues, I shouldn't say 'saga' that sounds negative, it's the house adventure! So if you'll recall, we found a house that is a wicked good price. Well as it happens, someone put in an offer before us that was accepted. We are now the back up offer. Well what does Law Of Attraction say about this? I mean, I focused, held positive thoughts with as little resistance as possible and it didn't happen (or hasn't happened yet). Know what? I'm trusting that the Universe is working it all out. I don't need to know the details, I just need to have faith that everything is always working out for me whether I know it or not and I'm gonna keep focusing.

Oh, I just had another inspiration pop in my head, I'm going to go to houses in the neighborhoods I like best and leave a note in their mailboxes asking if they are thinking of selling. My skeptic brain which seems to be the healthiest (if not the loudest) part of my brain says "leave a note? What're you stupid? That won't work! That's not how things work, you stupid dumb, stupid, stupid dumb head". Sorry, my skeptic brain isn't very clever when it comes to name calling. I'm slowly starving that part of my brain, so will NOT listen and I WILL leave the notes. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Julie I would absolutely watch your video blogs! Also, these entries have been so great for me to read. I have been working really hard to make a lot of positive changes in my life and your funny and inspirational post are helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video blog idea, then I will feel like you are right here in my living room-I do miss your smiling face.
    LOVE the idea of notes in your chosen neighborhoods-pursue my dear Julie

    ReplyDelete