Sunday, August 28, 2011

Working On not Working Is Working

I've been working on not working and it's working. What I mean to say is I've decided not to take action unless I feel INSPIRED to.

I write. Sometimes I don't feel like writing. I would feel bad. I used to force myself to write. Now I wait to feel inspired to write. I feel good. I'm writing more now than I ever did before. When I want to write, but don't feel inspired to write, I go to a coffee shop, because there, I always feel inspired to write. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the 'vibe', but it usually works.

I suppose what I'm doing now that I didn't do before this project was, I struggled. I don't struggle now. Sometimes, my old instincts rear their ugly head and say things like, "you should be working HARDER, you should be doing MORE. If there isn't pain involved, be it psychic or physical, then you aren't DOING enough!"

Then I remind myself that since I quit my shit job and started The Year Of Living blah, blah, blah, I've created MORE and done MORE and felt HAPPIER than I have in a really, really long time.

I'm gonna keep working on not working.





1 comment:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading this...I can only imagine how overwrought you must have been to create this blog post. Must nap now. I'll dream of unemployment bliss.

    ReplyDelete