Thursday, June 23, 2011

My First Blog Post

Phew, I'm exhausted! Trying decide what my blog page should look like; what should the background look like? Not too feminine, not too corny, not too bright. I want it to be whimsical, but not silly. Then, What kind of font? What Template should I use?  I liked the T.V. although I fear it makes reading kind of hard and is it too much going on?  I usually need things to be simple, and clean. Not too confusing, know what I mean? But again, I like the T.V. image. It appeals to me, especially the sort of vintage aspect of it. I like vintage. Don't know why, but I do. I have a closet full of vintage dresses from the 50's and 60's. Maybe I'll change it (the page), let's see how it feels. Speaking of "how it feels" this brings me to why I started this blog.

What is my blog all about? It's about my Year Of Living Joyously. I've decided to start living my life in the most joyous way possible. What does that mean to me?  It means quitting my sucky ass job as a house cleaner.  Yep. I clean houses for rich people, okay they're not all rich and frankly I like all the people  I clean for. That was the first step in my decision to live joyously. Get rid of all clients I don't like. Actually it's not even that I don't like them, but I don't like the energy in their place, or it's too far to drive or whatever. Now I only clean places where I feel good, okay not "good" so much as better.  So full disclosure, I haven't quit my job yet. I'm giving myself to the end of the summer. I'm also an actor, but I haven't been pursuing that so much. I'm afraid to look for an agent ("I'm too old", "I don't have anything unique to offer", etc) So this is one of the things I want to change in my  year of living joyously.

My husband asks, how will you make money?  "Well", I say, "I'm going to vibrate my way into more money". He rolls his eyes and walks away.  How does one "vibrate" their way into more money?  Um, good question. I've been doing much reading of many books about the subject of attracting what one wants and basically how I've interpreted it is, that one just needs to THINK about having more money, but while I'm thinking about it, I must feel good. Feeling good is the key. Thus the whole "joy" part.  I cannot feel, 'the lack of'' money, I need to still feel abundant. So when I think about acquiring money I think, "well I have enough, I always have enough but I want more and the way I will make more is by doing something I love". What do I love?  I love eating. But that's not how I want to make money. I also love sleeping. But that's not how I want to make my money. I want to make money, acting and even more than that I want to make money, lots of money, writing.  Specifically writing for television and film. I've written many things for the stage, but now I want to write for a different medium, one that pays, yo.

I've have three completed screenplays. But who the hell hasn't? It's freaking L.A. for Pete's sake! People poop out scripts here! Oops, see? Now that's the kind of thing I need to work on in my Y.O.L.J.. I've written in the past few years, 2 comedies and 1 drama (which won an award for Best Drama in a the Story Pros screen writers contest).  So here is my commitment to myself and you and the reason I started blogging and as soon as I learn how to use my camera I'm going to film myself doing joyful things, like going to the beach, hiking, going to a museum or the movies, hanging out with my friends, going to classes, to wine tastings basically having a good time NOT working. I will NOT worry about money. By doing all this I believe everything that I want will come.

By the end of my year of living joyously I will have sold a screenplay(s) , gotten cast in various projects and will have a new home and one million dollars in my bank account.  That is what I want to vibrate into my life.

The books I'm reading and following the tenents as described in them are The Law Of Attraction, By Jerry & Esther Hicks (I'd recommend all books by them) & Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

Until next time.

Julie Perkins
thelandofperkistan.com

P.S. please feel free to comment. But nice & supportive things only please! If you think all this Law Of Attraction stuff is crap, I honor that. But please honor that I'm trying something out here and I only want positive re-enforcement. Thank you all.

6 comments:

  1. trying to figure out how to leave a comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I figured it out :) Julie, this is a refreshing topic for a blog. I think it will serve as a jumping off point for some of my own exploration. Thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom bought me this CD awhile back. You might find it inspiring! I admit that Chuck and I made fun of it. But it actually was kind of catchy, some of it. I ended up giving it to a friend who was going through a rough patch. I thought he might at least get a chuckle out of it. http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/freemusicdownloads.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a dream two nights ago that I was with Robert Altman and he was telling me about his difficulties marketing two films. My father had worked with Altman as his DP on Nashville, California Split, and Buffalo Bill and the Indians and I had been a still photographer on he last film and then quit the industry. Enough background, in my dream a couple nights ago, altman and I and two middle aged women are drving around L.A. when he tells me he is trying to cast a new film, title: Living Joyously. Now Altman died not long ago and my father died in 1995, but both occasionaly appear in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bruce, thank you for sharing that! I've thought about making this a Documentary, but not sure how to go about doing that. Altman was brilliant, btw!

    Julie Pee

    ReplyDelete