Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Quit My Job So You Don't Have To

I started thinking, what do I want to accomplish with this blog? I want to document my life and experiences for one year using the tools given in the Abraham Hicks publications as well as Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. Basically I will be using the Law Of Attraction to attract what I want in my life.

I believe (Okay, 'Hope' is probably more accurate) that by just living joyously I will attract my dream job (not a job dreaming, although that would be cool) but the job I've always dreamed of (except that one time when I dreamed I was waiting tables wearing a robot costume and all the people I was serving weren't people but dolphins and they kept complaining that the tuna fish wasn't 'people safe'). Anyway, I digress. So by living joyously (L.J.) I will attract my dream job, dream house and dream bank account.

"Hey Perkins, what the deuce does it mean to live joyously?" You ask?  I say to you, STOP WITH ALL THE QUESTIONS! Oh wait, sorry. No, that's a perfectly legit question I pretended that you asked me. I'm not exactly sure what it means. All I'm going to try and do is to feel grateful as often as I can. Feel abundance instead of "the lack of" and to do activities that I like more and try and minimize the activities I don't like. AND when I have to do more unpleasant activities I will try and find the joy in each moment that I'm doing it. It's about Feeling Better and by doing these things LOA say's that intuitive thoughts will spontaneously arise as to what the next right thing for me to do is (they better or I'll be so wicked pissed!).

The aforementioned books give tools as to how to go about feeling better. I will use those tools and let you know how it goes. And when at the end of the year I'm knocking at your door without a home and penniless and I'm  babbling something about ,"my life went to poo one year ago", then you can all say, "Oh so that's what happens when you quit your job and try and live joyously for one year! See? I'm going to quit MY job so you don't have to! You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment