Sunday, June 26, 2011

Keeping My Head In The Clouds

I'm a political news junky. I listen everyday to political podcasts on my Ipod, while I clean, in the car and at the gym. Recently I've decided to cut way down on this. Instead now I listen to music or story-telling or fun interview shows. I totally recommend the Marc Maron podcast. The reason I've decided to cut way back on listening to politics is, as I'm sure you've guessed, because it doesn't always make me feel good, in fact most of the time it brings up feelings of fear and anxiety. "Feel & feelings" are the operative words here. L.O.A. says that I need to pay attention to how I feel. When I began doing that (listening to how I feel), I realized,  listening to music or story-telling makes me I feel better, happier.

My husband says, "By ignoring the 'state of the world' aren't you just burying your head in the sand?". Yep. Actually a better way of putting it is, I'm putting my head in the clouds. I'm deliberately choosing to feel better. It seems so simple, yet not always easy to do.

Keeping my head in the clouds. I met a woman who said t me "If I'm waiting in a long line at the Post Office, instead of getting annoyed, I look for things to appreciate. I see a woman's outfit I like. Or I look for a baby to appreciate". She deliberately chooses to look for better feeling thoughts. I'm gonna do that.

A quote from and Abraham-Hicks workshop, "the more you deliberately choose better-feeling thoughts, the more easy and ready access you will have to much better-feeling thoughts."  They also say that, "like attracts like". So my thoughts are like a magnet. The more I feel good, then more thoughts will just appear that make me feel good. Okay, I'm on board. I'm gonna keep my head in the clouds as much as I can today. I'll let you know if there's a silver lining.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. You could teach this stuff! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I'm totally going to work on this. Thanks Julie!! :)

    ReplyDelete